Friday, March 18, 2011

Room Inspired Bookmark

Today I’m going to release my copy of Room by Emma Donoghue into the librosphere.  On page 85, the author describes the garden shed that Old Nick, the kidnapper, transformed into Ma's prison.  I made this bookmark from a paint chip I collected during my junk-room-to-home-office renovation.  Eerily, the hue is called Garden Shed.  I typed parts of the description on the front.  On the back, I made reference to the title and author, as well as the eggshell snake that Jack made and kept under the bed.  It was a fill-in-the-blanks operation, my little homage to Donoghue’s story.  I plan on placing the book (bookmarked at page 85, of course) somewhere an unsuspecting reader can find it.  I think I’ll leave it in some sort of room – a rest room, or maybe a dressing room in a store.  If you find it and make your way to the Book Phantom, please leave a comment!


Front side


Back side

No comments:

Post a Comment